Work in progress
The WebObjects frameworks are part of the Xcode tools distribution (available on the Mac OS X DVD, or as a download from Apple, see below) which cannot be installed on a Windows (or any Linux/UNIX variant) machine directly. So, before developing on Windows, you will need to get access on a Mac, make a archive of the frameworks and move this archive to your Windows machine. You can extract the frameworks from XCode without having to install them on the intermediate Mac.
cp /Volumes/Xcode\ Tools/Packages/Packages/WebObjectsRuntime.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz /tmp cd /tmp unzip Archive.pax.gz pax -r -f Archive.pax tar cf WebObjectsRuntime.tar Library System cp WebObjectsRuntime.tar -> Windows
1) Create the structure:
C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /Library/Frameworks on the Mac)
C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /System/Library/Frameworks on the Mac)
mv WebObjectsRuntime.tar/Library/* C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks mv WebObjectsRuntime.tar/System/Library/* C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks
3) If you copied a 5.2, you will need to put a Windows License.key in JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources. If you copied a 5.3, I think it's a universal license key.
4) Create a wobuild.properties file in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user>\Library with the contents:
5) Install eclipse Classic 18.104.22.168
6) Install WOLips nightly from http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/nightly
That should be it, I think? The things that are problematic right now on Windows:
1) The woproject/.patternset don't work quite right on Windows. If you don't have subfolders in your Resources/Components/etc, you can work around it by converting Components///etc/* to Components/, same w/ Resources and WebServerResources
2) Couple images have backgrounds that should not
3) Outline view in component editor is not right
4) AutoOpenInBrowser doesn't work unless you override Application._isSupportedDevelopmentPlatform to return true
I THINK that was it, but there might have been a couple other misc items .. I'll have to go back through and doublecheck.