If you are just starting out with Wonder, the simplest path to usage is probably to download the binaries and install the frameworks. Mike Schrag and the good folks at mDimension Technology provide a binary download that is automatically updated daily from the latest Wonder source. So freshness is guaranteed.
You can get the latest binaries here:
As you can see from this image, there are a number of different downloads. The 53 and 54 suffixes in this screen shot refer to binaries compiled for WebObjects 5.3.X and WebObjects 5.4.X compatibility respectively.
To start exploring Wonder and taking advantage of it in your applications, you just need to start with the "Wonder-latest-Frameworks". Choose the one suitable for your current version (OS X Tiger has WO 5.3.X by default and OS X Leopard has 5.4.X by default). Of course you can download aby of the other items shown here and explore as you wish.
- Assuming you downloaded the latest Frameworks, simply double-click the tar.gz on Mac OS X to expand.
- Expansion of the frameworks tar.gz should result in a directory of framework directories something like that shown below.
- Next, open Terminal.app
- Navigate into the directory you just expanded that contains all the frameworks
- $ cd some/dir/latest-frameworks
- Next copy the frameworks to /Library/Frameworks using the following command:
- $ sudo cp -Rf *.framework /Library/Frameworks/
- Alternative options that may work for you:
- OR, you can just drag the expanded frameworks folders into the /Library/Frameworks folder using Finder, overwriting any previous version of the frameworks you have in there. You may have to be logged in as an Admin user.
- OR (more advanced), you can do it all in one step: in terminal <cd /Library/Frameworks> then expand the frameworks into the /Library/Frameworks directory with this command <sudo tar xvfz some/dir/latest-frameworks.tar.gz>
- Installation is now complete and you may repeat this process anytime you want to update to the latest Wonder frameworks.
Write a command line installation script that does this whole procedure