A brief history of Project WONDER. (Original source: Introduction to Project WONDER).
- A dotcom is born: eResource
- Its focus: commercial real estate on the web
- Big user & advocate of DirectToWeb - more on that later
- Later on eResource was renamed NetStruxr
- But name lives on...
- Classes were already prefixed with ER
- Switching to NS would cause namespace conflicts
- Even today, WONDER's classes begin with ER
- Folks from NetStruxr, now working on WONDER:
- Patrice Gautier - one of DirectToWeb's original authors!
- Max Muller
- Travis Cripps
- Jim Roepcke
- NetStruxr open-sourced a great deal of its code
- Lots of innovative, high-quality code
- But there were a couple of issues:
- No efficient method to contribute back to NetStruxr
- No CVS repository, no mailing lists, etc.
- Was coded in Java for WebObjects 4.5
- Needed some rewriting for WebObjects version_5
- Unfortunately, NetStruxr closed for business
- Fortunately, the rewritten code was placed into a public SourceForge project: WONDER
- Revision of Camille Troillard's famous OdaikoJavaMail
- Integration of Jonathan Rentzsch's not-so-famous JRMailDelivery
- Drop-in replacement for WOMailDelivery
- Renamed to ERWOMailDelivery
- Easy WebObjects PayPal integration
- Donated by Travis Cripps
- Gammastream's formally commercial offering now part of WONDER!