This is a basic guide to getting the Velocity Generator to work under Leopard, using Eclipse 22.214.171.124 and WOLips 3.3.4669, later versions should work.
The guide is basic in that it should work the way it's detailed below, it doesn't represent the only way, nor probably an optimized way to work with Velocity Generator
1. Under Preferences > WOLips > EOGenerator
-> Remove all entries (this is not strictly necessary, but it rules out any errors at the project level)
2. Add a folder named templates in your project folder, inside of which you place your template files.
For starters, don't rename them. You can download them here:
3. Double check your model, so that none of your entities extend EOGenericRecord,
otherwise the generation gap pattern won't work, as the velocity generator generates all files,
rather than just those extending custom classes. this is a change from the old eogenerator. Also, your entities should be in packages for this all to work optimally. In the example "projectname.eo.class". When it was tried with no package (class) there were a number of errors in the resulting Java class files.
4. Create or edit your .eogen file, mine looks like this:
5. Double check, and open the .eogen file using open with > text editor: