Work in progress
|Table of Contents|
The WebObjects frameworks are part of the Xcode tools distribution (available on the Xcode tools, Mac OS X DVD, or as a download from Apple, see below) which cannot be install installed on a Windows (or any other Linux/UNIX variant) machine directly. Before So, before developing on Windows, you will need to get access on a Mac, make a archive of the frameworks and move this archive to your Windows machine. You can fetch extract the frameworks from XCode without having to install them on the intermediate Mac.
cp /Volumes/Xcode\ Tools/Packages/Packages/WebObjectsRuntime.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz /tmp cd /tmp unzip Archive.pax.gz pax -r -f Archive.pax tar cf WebObjectsRuntime.tar Library System cp WebObjectsRuntime.tar -> Windows
... and for XCode 3.0 / Mac OS X Leopard (since Installer packages are created differently in Leopard):
mkdir -p /tmp/wo ; cd /tmp/wo xar -vxf "/Volumes/Xcode Tools/Packages/WebObjectsRuntime.pkg" ; pax -rzf Payload tar cf WebObjectsRuntime.tar Library System cp WebObjectsRuntime.tar -> Windows
1) Create the structure:
C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /Library/Frameworks on the Mac)
C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks (equivalent to /System/Library/Frameworks on the Mac)
mv WebObjectsRuntime.tar/Library/* C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks mv WebObjectsRuntime.tar/System/Library/* C:\Apple\Library\Frameworks
3) If you copied a 5.2, you will need to put a Windows License.key in JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources. If you copied a 5.3, I think it's a universal license key.
4) Create a wobuild.properties file in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user>\Library with the contents:
5) Install eclipse 126.96.36.199
Install Eclipse and WOLips
That should be it, I think? The things that are problematic right now on Windows:
woproject/*.patternset don't work quite right on Windows with older versions of WOLips. If you don't have subfolders in your Resources/Components/etc, you can work around it by converting
Components/*, same w/ Resources and WebServerResources. Alternatively you can use a recent nightly build of WOLips where this bug has been fixed.
2) Couple images have backgrounds that should not
3) Outline view in component editor is not right
4) AutoOpenInBrowser doesn't work unless you override Application._isSupportedDevelopmentPlatform to return true