- Define the data type mappings between your model and the database internal types all in one place.
- Use the same mappings for all your applications and frameworks.
- Change information on one place, everything gets updated.
- Create slight variations to the defined mapping in a given attribute.
- Change DB easily without touching your models.
Let's look at an example for a prototype. This is the definition of "shortString", a prototype defined in the WONDER's ERPrototypes framework (we'll talk more about this framework later). The screenshot was taken from the Entity Modeler plugin in Eclipse, part of WOLips.