Single-Project jobs are ones that build a single WebObjects Framework or Application. Any frameworks that are depended on by a single-project job must be either already built and installed in the
JENKINS_HOME/WOFrameworksRepository (i.e., WebObjects and Project Wonder frameworks) or can be other Jenkins jobs with the same name, e.g., a dependency on
MyFramework.framework can be satisfied by a Jenkins job named
WOJenkins is a set of shell scripts and Jenkins job configurations developed specifically to make it easy to build WebObjects projects with Jenkins.
Building a WebObjects Framework or Application
To make use of WOJenkins, you will need all of the following:
- A running Jenkins server. Ideally setup and configured using the Installing and Configuring Jenkins instructions.
- Git SCM installed on the Jenkins server.
- The Jenkins Git Plugin installed
- The Jenkins Multiple SCMs Plugin installed
- The requested version of WebObjects and Wonder frameworks installed using the WOJenkins job configuration described by the Installing WebObjects and Wonder for Jenkins using WOJenkins page.
- Change directories into JENKINS_HOME/jobs
- Clone job configuration from github.com repository
- If your project is in a Git repository:
- If your project is in a SVN repository:
- Set correct ownership and permissions - If you used the Mac OSX Jenkins installer, the user and group that it will be using are both "
- Open Jenkins and tell it to reload the configuration files so it will see the new job.
- From within Jenkins user interface, navigate to: Jenkins -> Manage Jenkins -> Reload Configuration from Disk
- Call the reload URL: http://localhost:8080/reload - this link should work for a default install if you haven't turned on any security.
- Open the new Job.
You should see a new job called My_WebObjects_Project.
If you don't see the job then verify that the jenkins (for OS X) or
daemon (for Linux)user has read-write privileges on both the
JENKINS_HOME/jobs/My_WebObjects_Projectdirectory and the
config.xmlfile and reload the configuration from disk again.